Tuesday 28 January 2014

Janathon #27

Gosh, it's getting close to the end of the month and the end of the Janathon challenge. Today dawned cold and wet, rain lashing down was hitting the windows hard. It eased a little so I took the chance to do the grocery shopping and other jobs in town - no point getting soaked while I am walking. Running isn't a fair weather sport for me, so while I might look to dodge the worst of the weather if it fits in with my day I'm not all that fussed. It really never is as bad as it looks once you get outside and running.

The approach to Bleaklow
It turned out to be dry for my run though the clouds and rain loomed overhead. I'd planned a blast up Lightside to get a decent bit of ascent into what is essentially a flat run...however, my energy levels were on the low side so I stuck to the low level loop of about 5.5km. I tried to inject a bit of speed over one strava segment and I was literally 1 second off of my pb. Now there's a challenge the next time I'm out that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment