Friday 24 January 2014

Janathon #23 and #24

Slight delay in blogging about yesterday's run as I was immediately busy with work for a few hours, and then on a train down to London to see a lecture by Ueli Steck, an uber famous but - in his words - a very normal mountaineer. He is such a humble person, and so so inspiring. The talk was titled "Driven" which pretty much sums up his attitude to everything he does, even relaxing. Tim's blog about the event sums it up nicely.

It was a long day, so managing to get my run in before 7am was lucky....I didn't end up getting to bed until about 1am - 3hrs after my usual bed time! Anyway, my run yesterday was the second of this week's barefoot runs; 2.5km at 180bpm. I'm really enjoying the barefoot runs and it is feeling easier every time. It's still a little frustrating that I'm being held back (because of the research project) with the distance I can do. But, gradual process is good as there's much less chance of injury or muscle strain.

Today's run was a short blast up on a local hill out of Glossop. We fitted it in to the day in between work and the heavy rain which was forecast. Luckily we made it home before any heavy rain arrived. A short run today was deliberately planned as I'm racing tomorrow in the Kinder Trial orienteering fell race - that ones around 20km, depending how good my navigation is! I last did this race a couple of years ago, and I'm very excited to be running tomorrow with a very good friend - we're going to have a great few hours on the hill. So, with that in mind today we just ran under 5km to blow the cobwebs away and see the view, which was actually quite hazy so here's a view up the hill instead of into the distance:

the edge of Bleaklow

No comments:

Post a Comment