Sunday 21 August 2011

S&P gym - training

There you have it. 4 weeks of foundation training complete at S&P gym. It's the first time I've ever had a structured training plan that involves strength and conditioning work, well actually it's probably the first time I've had a properly structured training plan at all. I've enjoyed it. It's meant that I've gone down to the gym and worked. My goals, as I've probably mentioned elsewhere, are to lose weight and get leaner. This has meant a low carb/high protein diet plus hard work in the gym. It's been tough some days. On the food side it's mostly tough when the food planning has gone awry. One could also say it's tough when the lunch choice is rump steak and a fresh salad with olive oil and lemon juice dressing, but hey, someones got to do it!! 


I'll write more about the food side of things separately, it could take up some line space.

So here's what I've been doing for the past 4 weeks:


I have to admit, it's been really good having someone tell me what to do - it's made me work much harder than I would have if I'd just joined a regular gym. There was one Thursday session I could quite easily have missed (various reasons including house sitting elsewhere which made for a longer journey to the gym) - but I didn't want to a) let the S&P guys down b) let myself down by slacking and c) get behind Tim who's following his own programme but training on the same days as me.  I'm looking forward to what's coming in weeks 5-8 of the training; there'll be a new programme waiting for me when I get there tomorrow. It's with slight anxiety that the training will be hitting a new (ie harder) level, but also with excitement that I'm going to get pushed harder once more. The last week of foundation was starting to, not exactly get easier, but the familiar programme was not challenging my body to the extent I know the next few weeks will.

As a final note, a couple of the ladies who train at the gym have been competing in figure athlete competitions - now, seeing them at the gym training hard is a real inspiration. Sean keeps joking that I'm next. I'm firm in my statement that getting me on a stage posing is NOT going to happen. All the same, it's great training in the same venue as the ladies. Truly inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment