Sunday 6 April 2014

Sunday Saunter

Today's run was another easy one. Well that was the plan anyway. Part way up to Cock Hill I decided to see if I could beat my previous best time to the summit. It's a strava segment, though when out running I wasn't entirely sure of where it started from. What it did do however, was push me to keep the run/walk run/walk momentum up all the way to the trig point. Turns out I got a pb by just under 2 minutes which I'm really pleased with. Slightly quicker and I would have had the course record....for that I need to find another 11 seconds! Next time maybe.

Here's some photos from the rest of my run, taken at a much more leisurely pace:
Looking back up to Cock Hill, where I've just been.
...and the track down through the forest
Blackshaw Clough
Swineshaw Reservoir and Cock Hill in the distance
Brook beneath the reservoir
Washing the mud off my Inov8 Mudclaws
fungi
Waterfall near reservoir
Very inquisitive peacock
Peacock displaying for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment