Saturday 31 December 2011

Seduction

My year has been full of change. I left the safety and comfort of a good job to set up a business with Tim. Not only that, but we left the familiar surroundings of London, my place of residence for 11 years and Tim's for 5+. I say place of residence as London was never home for either of us. I know we had good times there, I know life wasn't always grim, but it never had that 'I'm home' feeling when you returned from a trip away.

So with bags packed we moved north to Glossop. Our new life began at the start of April. Now, about 9 months later what can I say? Life is good. Our business is growing (sports & remedial massage) and we're still excited by it. I'd go as far as saying we're passionate about it. We have a good social life, both now members of Glossopdale Harriers, Tim also in Glossop Kinder Velo. Best of all, we have Kinder and Bleaklow as our back garden. What more could you need?



I feel so much more content with life now. I feel I have purpose and a real desire to keep moving forwards.


 



Sometimes the view is clear... 

...and sometimes it's not.



Either way, the area fails to let us down and keeps enticing and seducing us back out there to explore it's popular spots and hidden corners.


No comments:

Post a Comment