Sunday 20 July 2014

Kentmere Horseshoe

Today was the Kentmere fell race where my other half was taking part in the English Champs fell race. I wanted to be on the hill supporting, but with a field of 600+ runners I decided that running the route backwards would be sensible. That way I could get out of the way of racers much easier, and see who was coming towards me. Joining me on my run was fellow Glossopdale Harrier, Alice - her other half was also racing.

The day was hot and humid. The rain that lashed down as we approached our final ascent was most welcome. I've learnt that handing out water to runners is lovely, but not when they drink my only supply. Next race I support my bottle will be mine, and mine alone. I was certainly feeling dehydrated by the end of the run despite being drenched through to the skin by the stormy rain! Enjoy the photos:











(don't have time to order or caption photos....sorry....I'm hungry! i will come back and do this asap!)


No comments:

Post a Comment