Tuesday 4 June 2013

A guided wander

Today I was lucky to be working in the outdoors, taking a client on a guided walk around the Kinder reservoir area. Along the way we kept ourselves busy identifying plants and birds....the two curlew that were buzzing overhead were too quick to capture on my phone camera, but here's a few photos I took - some flowers still need to be identified:

Speedwell

Nettle
Forget-me-not

Wild Garlic
Wild Garlic
Wild Geranium

Wild Geranium

Poppy
Cow Parsley
William Clough directly ahead, western edge of Kinder the high point

Kinder Reservoir seen from White Brow, with Red Brook on the horizon

Sandy Heys at left horizon, footbridge across River Kinder at east edge of the reservoir

Kinder Reservoir from our lunch spot...seen from Upper Moor on the eastern side

Looking up to Kinder edge and Cluther Rocks area
If you'd like me to help you enjoy the Peak District on a guided walk, perhaps show you less popular areas, or teach you navigation, then please get in touch (07985 251185). I'm available during the week and at weekends for full and half day guiding/tuition.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what excellent photos and we are so lucky to live in this part of the world. Thanks for taking my lovely daughter on this fab walk!!!JB

    ReplyDelete