Sunday 12 May 2013

I got a sticker!

That may not mean a lot to some. But to those in the know, they will be smiling with me because what it means is that I have passed the assessment for the Walking Group Leaders Award. I'm therefore qualified to lead people out in the hills. First step is joining MTE which I've just done, insurance will get sorted this week, then I'd best get my thinking cap on and work out what I'm actually going to do with it!!


Just a quick update on my 2013 Aspirations given I've just completed #7:

#1   Run 10km in under 50 minutes: Achieved at Salford 10k race
#2   Run Glossop to Hope in under 3hrs 45mins: plan to do this late summer
#3   Run Herod Farm fell race quicker than last year's race. Achieved
#4   10 chin ups: ongoing
#5   Box jump onto big box: ongoing
#6   Complete my Walking Group Leaders Award training: Achieved
#7  Successfully achieve my Walking Group Leaders Award: Achieved
#8  Handstand press-up: ongoing

So, a long run, 10 chin ups, jump onto the big box and do a handstand press up all still to be worked on. All except the first is reliant on me putting in some hard work in my strength and conditioning sessions. 

2 comments: