Tuesday 5 February 2013

Beast Mode Engaged

That's right folks. I have a new running programme and a new strength & conditioning programme so beast mode is engaged. After successfully conquering and completing my handstands last month I'm more motivated than ever to keep up the hard work. If I can do something that for years gripped me with fear then I can lift a few weights and push myself up a few hills. For the first time my running programme includes me building up some serious hill fitness - so lots of hill reps and some tabata work. I asked for it...let's hope the lungs and legs behave themselves.

Here's the strength work I'll be doing over the next month, three sessions per week:

Did the first session yesterday, managed 3/3/2/2/2 on the chins so room for improvement over the coming month
B2 looks...interesting....building on my handstand work. I may need help to start with.
I'll be doing this session at home, either on Fridays or Saturdays
Working on form with RDL's
In with the weekly training schedule I'll be doing plenty of recovery work too, including daily sessions with the foam roller, having plenty of sports massage, staying hydrated and ensuring I get quality sleep. I've been fairly disciplined this year in going to bed at 10.30pm and getting up at 6.30am. So far, with the exception of about 3 days, I've managed to stick to that schedule and it is certainly helping me feel more alert.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. yes, it's where you hold a dumbbell (can also be a kettlebell) in between your hands at chest level and squat whilst holding it.

      Delete
    2. I sometimes sit down with a pint - does that count?!

      Delete
    3. It counts as one pint about to be consumed, nothing like a goblet squat though ;-)

      Delete