Tuesday 13 November 2012

Photography

I went to a photography talk and slide show last week - a friend had invited me along and I thought it would be a good time to start thinking about my own photography. The chap giving the talk (Ian Bramham) lives local(ish)ly and I rather hoped he would have lots of lovely inspiring photos of the Peak District. There were sadly precious few photos of the local area (urban landscapes are more his thing), but his photos were more than inspiring for me. He has some amazing shots, and I have been inspired to renew my passion for photography. As such, I've joined a website which Ian recommended, Aminus3, and the photo's I'm posting can be viewed over there. Here's one which I've already posted (I know it's on my blog somewhere else, just shows I really love this photo!):

Icicles hanging from a balcony in Keystone, Colorado

I'm starting the project by using photos I've already taken, but I have already been out with my camera to take new ones specifically for this project.  There's no particular theme to my pictures, they are just what catches my eye. My typical interest is for landscapes, unusual shapes and abstract things. I like details, patterns and textures, and I shall be using some of my fell running exploits to take photos. I've already got several ideas for shots I want to take.

I'm not the most accomplished photographer, nor do I claim to know the technical aspects of how to take pictures particularly well. But I'm learning. I also dug out my black and white film photos that I took, developed and printed several years back when I did a B&W developing course. I've been saying for years that one day I'd like my own developing studio, in reality that may never happen now there is the ease of digital photography. Perhaps I might have to invest in some photo manipulating software...and therein lies a whole other topic to discuss sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment