Saturday 18 June 2011

Testing the knee

Went for a short walk yesterday, only about 30mins out from home to find a geocache. Wasn't taxing in any way but good to stretch the legs, and importantly see how my left knee felt. All was good I'm pleased to report. We then walked into town to meet a friend for coffee, and back again. On the way down I as shown the basic idea of forefront running....not long into that I could feel a slight (very slight) twinge on my knee, right where the pain was on my last walk. hmmm. not encouraging since I only jogged for a few metres. Seems I'm not as mended as I would like.

At home later I got on with some foam rollering of my hamstrings, quads and ITB...oh, and my calves since any tightness there will tranfer up to the knee. Wow, foam rollering is damn painful. Not only where you're rollering, but I find it incredibly difficult to balance my body weight on my arms/shoulders, seeming to only be able to sustain a decent position for a few minutes. I messed about with various positions but to be frank it aint comfortable, more on my upper body than where I'm meant to be working. I will persist and see what positions I can work out which suit me.

No comments:

Post a Comment