Thursday 15 August 2013

Macclesfield Forest

Last year I ran the Dark & White Mini Mountain Marathon in Macclesfield forest and have been promising myself to visit the area again. Well today I got the chance, but this time I was working with a private client, teaching navigation and learning a little about the flora in the area.

The day had forecast rain but it turned out to be glorious t-shirt weather. We set off from the car park and were immediately mesmerized by the innumerable raspberry and blackberry plants bearing a glut of berries. I'll be back to do some picking very soon.



Teggs Nose seen across Ridgegate Reservoir

Fungi growing on a fallen tree

Wild raspberries - very tasty!
Wild raspberries
Wild raspberries
Knapweed

Ladybower reservoir with glorious cumulus clouds




No comments:

Post a Comment