Tuesday 5 July 2011

Rehab Run

First running session for a while, and the focus is on rehab....not getting to the shooting cabin or shelf bench. Just me, road shoes and a plod around the local streets. Did a brisk 5 minute warm up walk then 9 sets of 1 min run/1 min walk, followed by about 7 mins of cool down walking. It's a hot humid night, and I managed to find a sprinkler to run through which was most refreshing. My knee felt fine, and doing a run/walk rhythm I felt like I could go for ages....but oh no, its rehab.

Back home and straight into a strength session whilst nicely warmed up. 3 sets of the following:

5x wall squats
Stair ascent/descent with 16kg kettle bell
3x 1 minute balance hedgehog on each leg
3x 1 minute calf stretch/raise on the block
3x plank 1 minute (or there abouts!)

It felt good to get some proper exercise, get the chemicals flowing and some positive mental attitude happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment