Wednesday 1 January 2014

Janathon #01


Janathon participant logo

I'm In. I'm signed up, and I'm Doing the Janathon challenge - which is simply to run every day in January. There's no time or distance criteria, just get out and run once every day. I like challenges, usually signing up to all of the running ones on Strava but lately they've just been much the same.....run as much as you can or as fast as you can. This is different. It means I have to run every day this month and I'm going for enjoyment runs; not speed, ascent gain or distance. Simply to run and enjoy it.
I've spent today indoors and with squally heavy rain showers and blustery winds blowing I wasn't enticed to get out and run today. But, having signed up for this I grabbed my shoes and went out as dusk fell. True to the nature of today's weather I got drenched within 500m of home, not that it bothered me. I stayed on the road, doing 2 loops of the estate where I live, one clockwise and one anticlockwise. Both worked out about the same time. I feel better for doing some exercise and getting some bracing fresh air.

No comments:

Post a Comment